Monday, July 25, 2016


Shackleton

When I am inevitably confronted by that terrifying place, 
Where the indomitable strength of the human spirit and will,
Comes under such clear terms of incredible adversity
And yet, triumphs beyond all reason and rhyme

It is then that I must, w/out hesitation, squarely face
My own weakness and insecurity, setting my complaints to hold still
Painful reminders of what a whiny little bitch I can sometimes be
Spurring me to greater fortitude to emerge victorious, through the grime

In the shadow of such courage, my fears vanish w/out a trace,
The acquiescent acceptance of fate falls at my feet, for me to kill
A tender, succulent ripening of serendipitous opportunity
That, because of others' prior sacrifice, costs me not a single dime

It is in these sweet moments that a man holds the necessary ace
Which will help him not to become the grist nor the powder of the mill
But instead to rise up and attain to something great and free

Working my way through the dark of night, into the brighter time

----

This poem is dedicated to Sir Ernest Shackleton, the explorer, and to the men of his ship, The Endurance. My name is Magus (Kevin Trent Boswell) and you can hear my music, over at www.theplasticinfinity.com 
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment